Saturday, October 19, 2013

Flourless, sugar free chocolate mug-cake

First of all, I'm sorry that my presence on this blog is rather erratic. Weekly Wednesday updates - yeah right!!! Also, my apologies that I'm so slow to follow up on all your comments. I had this optimistic idea that since my job now involves less travelling, I'd have all this spare time and energy to spend on blogging. Only that my job still turned into a 6-days and 50-hour  a week scenario. And in my spare time, I've been fighting a never-ending respiratory infection (probably due to all the stress). Therefore, my Friday night snack yesterday was immune-boosting frozen blueberries.... with just a tiny bit of flourless chocolate cake on the side ;-) 

The recipe came from a blog that a friend of mine linked to on Facebook. She had made it more primal by changing a recipe that she found. I again made it LCHF and more blood-sugar-friendly by swapping honey for erythritol. 



Ingredients
1 Tbsp butter
1 egg
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla powder
1 1/2 Tbsp cocoa
1 Tbsp thickened cream
3 Tbsp erythritol 

Procedure
  • Melt butter in a mug in the microwave. 
  • Add the egg and beat with a fork. 
  • Throw in rest of ingredients and stir. 
  • Nuke for around 1.5 minute in your microwave oven and - voila -  a chocolate-miracle!  
  • Serve with whipped cream and blueberries 

You may want to experiment with the cooking-time depending on your oven-type. Perhaps 1.5 minute will make it rubbery, then try a few less seconds next time. 

I know it doesn't look too delicious from the photo - but trust me, it is!

7 comments:

  1. Oh I know it's delicious ;) Next time, brake up a (as in one) square of dark chocolate and mix it in the batter before you cook it. That will send you straight to heaven ;)
    //mia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    My name is Aseem and i am a food researcher based in Singapore. I have been reading your blog and your work with interest and think it can benefit many people around the world.

    I am writing a book about LCHF and would love to have the opportunity to interview you for it. I would most appreciate if you can spare some time for a skype chat anytime. My contact details are below.

    Look forward to hearing from you.

    best
    Aseem
    aseempuri@gmail.com
    +6591133194

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hii ! I'm a french reader, and your blog is so much inspiring ! When i saw this picture i thought that the moment to share with you my recipe !
    (i'm truly sorry for my english)
    My chocolate mug cake :
    45g dark chocolate (85% for me)
    35g butter
    1 egg
    Sweetener
    20g almond flour
    20ml milk

    (in the microwave oven)
    Melt butter + chocolate in a mug in the microwave
    Add : The egg, then sweetener, milk and almond
    1minute in MW.
    ;)
    Have a nice day !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice post, Thanks for sharing useful and informative post.
    sugar free chocolate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for being such a great leader. The other team members and I are really inspired by your actions.

    ReplyDelete